Role of Patient Support Manager:
The role of the Patient Support Manager is vital to the success of our four pillars at Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society: Public Awareness, Patient Support, Healthcare Education and Research.
The Patient Support Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a plan to effectively communicate and promote our patient support programs through strategic partnerships in the healthcare sector acrossCanada.
Additionally, the Patient Support Manager is responsible for supporting both patients and caregivers on their pancreatic cancer journey, including the planning and hosting of support group meetings 1-2 times a month.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive plan for the organization's patient support programs.
- Recommend short and long term targets for extending our reach and meeting the objectives of our 3-year Strategic Plan.
- Develop a support program budget to promote the organization's programs, educational materials, etc.
- Engaging with and developing strong partnerships with healthcare organizations across Canada, support those organizations to promote our patient support programs.
- Researching and developing topics for patient and caregiver support group meetings.
- Research ways to continue with the development and improvement of current support programs.
- Respond to emails and completed forms in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other members of the Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society team to support the achievement of the organization’s strategic plans and goals.
- Ensure that the organization’s philosophy, mission and vision language is practiced during the interaction with patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
- Respond to patient and caregiver enquiries in a timely manner.
- Act as the organization’s liaison between patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals, cancer centers, and organizations.
- Be the liaison between our Ask a Doctor and Clinical Trials Finder programs, medical committee and patients and caregivers.
- Set up times to meet (virtually or by phone) patients and caregivers who have contacted us to ensure they have accessed the information they require.
- Host 1-2 support group meetings a month, designed to provide education and support to patients and caregivers impacted by pancreatic cancer.
- A degree or diploma in a health-related discipline
- 5 years+ of experience working with patients and caregivers.
- 5 years+ in a leadership role with the ability to effectively work with a small team.
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient social media skills (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook)
- Knowledge of YouTube, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp, and Zoom
- Self-motivation, as work will be home based
- Ability to build and sustain strong partnerships
- An excellent communicator
- Ability to build and develop programs with solution-oriented approach
- Strong organizational skills
This is a home-based role. Periodic travel may be required.
- $26,208 (Hours: 24 per week. Some weekend hours are required.)
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com