Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society is always looking for volunteers who are interested in making a change and taking action to advance Pancreatic Cancer awareness, education and research. Additionally, we are looking for volunteers who are interested in supporting patients and caregivers affected by Pancreatic Cancer. There are many opportunities to get involved that will suit your personal talents, interests and time availability. Some of these volunteers positions include but are not limited to;
- Host a Fundraising Event- It does not matter how small or large. Just by doing one, you are making a difference. See our Fundraising Ideas page for some suggestions.
- Support Volunteer- Support patients and caregivers, by becoming involved in our patient to patient and caregiver to caregiver networks.
- Administrative Tasks- Support Craig’s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society by providing clerical support, such as data entry, photocopying, creating mailing labels, mail outs, writing of thank you letters, bookkeeping, sending out of e-mails etc.
- Board of Directors and Members- Volunteering on our board or sub committees as a Director or Member. Our board meets once a month.
- Awareness Campaign Volunteers- This includes getting various awareness messages out to the public, distributing public service announcements and other materials to newspapers, television and radio stations , mail outs, poster campaigns and social networking (facebook, my space, twitter etc).
- Grant Application Writing- Craig`s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society is interested in finding individuals who are experienced in the area of grant writing and applications for grants.
Craig`s Cause Pancreatic Cancer Society takes pride in the fact that over 90% of the donations received, fund pancreatic cancer research, with the rest of the donations funding awareness campaigns and a financial patient support program. 100% of the organizational costs are covered by the generous support of Corporate Sponsors.
The organization itself is run 100% by volunteers! It should be noted that it is only with the support of volunteers that our organization continues to grow and support more and more patients and caregivers across Canada.